Bungie and Activision have announced what their first game collaboration will be, A game called Destiny. It had previously been announced Bungie signed a 10 year contract with Activision to create four game titles, however until now we had no clue what they would be working on. So what is Destiny? Lets take a look
Some Facts About Destiny
– It has not been announced what platforms the game will be available on, many speculate this will be a Next Gen game.
– Details about the exact setting of the game have not been released, so far we know it will take place after the “Golden Age” and you will be based in the last city that has survived directly underneath the giant orb called “The Traveler”.
– Bungie has stated that complete missions certain ways will earn specific reputations for your character, but they haven’t really elaborated? Maybe a KOTOR good or evil style game?
– Bungie has stated that the game will be MMO’esk and will require a constant internet connection so your world can adapt and change while you are away, they have also confirmed there will be No Subscription Fees.
– It has been announced the game will be Multiplayer based, but the exact details have not been released. It is still unclear if you can play traditional Co-op, and the max amount of players aloud in each game is also unclear.
– The game will feature different classes as show in the video, however it has not been announced how many classes the game will have.
What Is Bungie Trying To Create?
It seems they are trying to make a gaming experience like no other, one where the environment is adapting and changing even as you are away doing other things. This is a really intriguing and new idea, but the question is will it work? no console game has ever really pulled this idea off. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.
Let me know your thoughts on the game in the comments, are you looking forward to the release of Destiny? or is not something catching your interest?
I think the idea of a adaptive and changing environment is a really cool and unique idea, I worry it will not be pulled off in a good manner though. Not playing for a long period of time could lead to issues, also I think requiring the player to have a internet connection will ultimately be removed. I really think if they make the game online only it will fail, the console crowd has never been the same as the computer crowd. As far as the feel of the game, it reminds me of a mix between Halo, Mass Effect and Warhammer 40,000. I think the art is really nice and very beautiful, below I setup a gallery for you.